Computer Science 30S (CSC30S)
In today’s world, computers are everywhere. Without software to run the computers they would not work. Computer Science is all about creating programs to make computers do useful things. Because Computer Science is one of the fastest growing industries, it is an excellent choice if you want a career with solid future and high earnings.
- Introduction to Programming - will focus on what programming is, and introduce basic programming concepts
- Data types, Variables and Calculations - will expand on the programming knowledge from the previous unit and introduce various programing concepts
- Decisions and Conditions - will focus on programming structures that allow logical control of program execution, including If Statements, and select case statements
- Methods and Functions - organizing a program into logical pieces is very important for organization and reusability; this unit will focus on how to create and properly use methods and functions
- Loops and Arrays - one of the benefits of computers is they have the ability to perform multiple operations over and over again in a loop; this unit will explore various looping structures and how to store data in an array
- Final Project - create a simple game from beginning to end using all of the knowledge learned in the course