Physics 30S (PHY30S)
Topics studied include forces and motion, vectors, electric and magnetic fields, sound and light, and waves. Problem solving and mathematical analysis, important skills in today’s world, will be developed. A variety of labs and demonstrations will be performed. Physics is required or recommended for many different careers in engineering, technology, and medicine/health.
- Science 20F, Any grade 10 level Math
- Introduction – Fundamentals of science and math
- Waves – Various types of waves including sound and light and their behaviour, causes and properties
- Kinematics – Velocity, acceleration and their related graphs
- Dynamics – Forces and motion as well as gravitational fields
- Electricity and Magnetism – Charges and induced fields